Welcome to the Pals September 2017 Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month our theme is “My Favorite Holiday.” Sit back and enjoy the view while the Pals treat you with projects for the upcoming Autumn and Winter holidays.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along. It really didn’t take very long for me to decide what holiday I would feature in this blog. The Christmas holidays have always been special to me: family get-togethers, a few days off from teaching to be home with the people most dear to me.
This card features a beautiful Christmas tree from a new stamp set called “Season Like Christmas.” The tree is actually a three-step stamp. The larger base stamp was stamped in Old Olive ink. Over that, I put a darker accent layer of Tranquil Tide. The last layer was created to look like red Christmas ornaments or lights. Here’s what I did: I stamped first with Versamark, and then stamped a second layer in Real Red. I sprinkled a mixture of clear embossing powder and Dazzling Diamonds glitter over, and tapped off the excess, then heat embossed it. The result was shiny and sparkly red tree decorations!
I cut the tree out with an oval framelit from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, and then cut a coordinating scalloped oval in the same size to offset the white oval.
The paper layers included a base of Whisper White cardstock and then a 4″ by 5 1/4″ layer of Old Olive. Finally I added a layer from the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Papers. I love them all – look at the beautiful and timeless Old Olive, black, and white patterns.
The banners across the bottom of card were created with one of my favorite staples — the Triple Banner Punch. The black and white plaid creates The sentiment is from the “Season Like Christmas” stamp set as well. I love all the sentiments from this set!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on October 11, 2017 for “Wicked Folds.” Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our Favorite Holiday. By the way, what’s your favorite holiday?
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Stesha Bloodhart Stampin’ Hoot!
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeath at Paper Crafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin‘
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Becky Retzer at Just In Thyme Crafts