Welcome to the Pals September 2018 Blog Hop. The 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up! is out and the Pals are excited! Sit back while we share creations from “Our Favorite Holiday.”
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My card reflects the love I have for my favorite season: Fall! Living in Northern Minnesota, I love watching the leaves change and the colors turn to rich oranges, yellows, and burgundies. I also love the First Frost bundle, so I thought there MUST be a way to combine my love of Autumn with this beautiful stamp set and dies to create a lovely fall bouquet.
My card started with a card base of Crumb Cake. I added a panel of Country Lane Designer Series Paper (the one with the wood grain) measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″. I then took my new Frost White Shimmer Paint (fresh from the Holiday Catalog) and put a dime-sized amount on a clear acrylic block. I then stamped the leaf-shaped stamp from Colorful Seasons into the shimmer paint on the block, making sure it was coated evenly. Then I stamped some leaf patterns onto the wood-grained paper. It’s beautiful and shimmery in person! There is also a new Rich Copper Shimmer Paint that I don’t have yet — think how beautiful that would be on this fall card! Try it out!
Next, I stamped some flowers from the First Frost stamp set onto Thick Whisper White card stock. You can build any bouquet you’d using the fall colors of your choice! I used Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze. I cut the flowers out using the First Frost dies. From there, I stamped the sentiment from Abstract impressions in Chocolate Chip ink onto a scrap of wood-grained paper from the Wood Textures DSP. Then I cut some little branches from both the copper and merlot Joyous Noel 6 by 6″ Glimmer Paper. Finally, I started building my bouquet, using Stampin’ Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive. So fun, and you can do whatever you want to!
The First Frost Bundle will be a versatile set you can use all year long! Take a look at the beautiful products included in this bundle:
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 10, 2018, for the next Pals Blog Hop. October is time for some wicked fun with “Wicked Folds” where the Pals will show you creations that are anything but a standard card fold. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at StampMeCrafty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rachael at Shedeed
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Don’t forget to use my September Host Code for an order of $50 or more, and you’ll receive a Stampin’ Blends in the color of your choice! Just email me with your choice once you’ve placed your online order. Please use this code: H4MYKPFX
Shop with me in my online store by clicking on any of the items below!