Welcome to the November 2018 Blog Hop with Stampin’ Pretty Pals. Holiday card making is well on its way. It’s time to start on gifts and gift wrap. Let the Stampin’ Pretty Pals inspire you with “Anything But A Card” today.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My treat holder a combination of old and new. I found this design a few years ago, created by the Paper Pixie, Julie DeMatteo. (She’s a master of 3D projects AND cards. There’s nothing she can’t do!) Since then, I have tried to come up with my own design, but finally decided you can’t change perfection! Instead, I have updated the project by using fresh new papers and stamp sets. Thank you, Julie!
As a high school teacher, I can only look on with envy when my elementary teacher colleagues receive all these wonderful little gifties from their adoring students. Fellow teachers, this treat pouch is for YOU! As a matter of fact, these hot chocolate and marshmallow holders are my best seller at craft shows!
I built the card base by using the instructions below:
- Crumb Cake base – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored along the 8-1/2″ side at 4-1/4″
- Make a tick mark at 2-3/4″ along the 5-1/2″ side and cut from the tick mark to where the center score line meets the top edge
- Santa’s Workshop DSP – 4″ x 5-1/8″
- Make a tick mark at 2-5/8″ along the 5-1/8″ side and, with the tick mark along the right side, cut from the tick mark to the opposite left corner
The cute trio of trees are all from the Nothing Sweeter bundle. I stamped with Shaded Spruce on the Seafoam tree, and used the stitched thinlit on the Mint Macaron and Shaded Spruce tree. I popped a sparkly snowflake on one tree from the Snowfall thinlits dies, and some Santa’s Workshop Enamel Shapes on the Mint tree, and adhered them onto the front of the treat pouch. I ADORE this new stamp set and dies. The shapes look like Christmas Cookies to me!
The sentiment is from the Picked For You Photopolymer Stamp Set. I love the special ‘teacher’ messages!
Since we no longer carry the plastic test tubes, I ordered them from Amazon. You can get various sizes and quantities very reasonably.
Click HERE to see a video with information on how to tie the ribbon around the test tube. Julie makes it easy!
Get more inspiration using the Blog Hop Line-up below. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 12, 2018, for the next Pals Blog Hop. It will be a glitzy affair with All That Sparkles and Shines. Don’t miss the fun!