Welcome to the Pals monthly blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here! January is all about making “Art from the Heart,” featuring projects for Valentines Day, Thinking of You, Get Well, or Sympathy. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I’ve had a couple of precious dogs over the last 25 years, both of whom lived for over 15 years, including Daisy the Springer Spaniel!
We dog lovers agree that pets are family members. The new “Happy Tails” stamp set and punch bundle from Stampin’ Up is so cute, and can be used in so many ways! A new puppy? A friendship card? And we know there are times when a friend’s dog is sick or dies. This stamp set can say all the right words FROM THE HEART, even when they’re hard to express.
The inspiration for my card came from Regina Andari from the UK. I started with a Whisper White Thick cardstock base and then added a panel of Early Espresso at 4″ by 5 1/4″, torn at the bottom. The next layer is Coastal Cabana, measured at 3 1/2″ X 4 1/2″ and torn at the bottom as well. I used Coastal Cabana ink to stamp some full strength pawprints all over the paper, and then I ran the panel through the Big Shot using the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I love the tweedy texture it adds!
I stamped the dog stamp onto Whisper White cardstock with Early Espresso ink. I used the Coastal Cabana ink to stamp the little collar on his neck, and then added some small Basic Rhinestone Jewels to it. I then punched the dog stamped design out using the Dog Punch, brand new from the 2019 Occasions Catalog. So quick and so cute!
The next layer comes from a panel of Wooden Textures Designer Series Paper. I cut a strip 2 1/2″ x 4″ and tore the bottom again. Using White Embossing Powder and Versamark, I heat embossed the sentiment from the Happy Tails stamp set.
Take a look at all the sweet sentiments in this stamp set!
I wrapped some Silver and Pool Party Baker’s Twine around the wooden textures panel and tied a bow. Then I mounted that onto the Coastal Cabana panel. I adhered the stamped and punched dog onto the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals, and then added a punched-out heart from the Myths and Magic Glimmer paper. The Happy Tails Bundle is SO fun to work with, and so versatile for all the dog lovers in your life! See the product list below to shop for all of these awesome products in my online store.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team, starting with the wonderful and talented Jennifer Michalski. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 13, 2019, when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s Time to Sale-A-Brate” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ You Are Here!
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Patti MacLeith at Paper Crafts by Patti
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
Remember to use the January Host Code SGTH9URA with your order of over $50 and receive an entire package of Tutti Frutti Adhesive Sequins free from me! Once you’ve placed your $50 order using this code, your name will also be entered into a special drawing to kick off Sale-A-Bration: A brand new Darling Label Punch Box, valued at $45!