Welcome to the Pals’ March Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because ”Spring has Sprung” – at least on our blog hop if not outside! Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
“SPRING” is just a figment of our imaginations here in Northern Minnesota. We’ve had a near-record snowfall this winter, with many storms and blizzards. So I had an extra good time creating a springy-looking card, focusing mostly on products from the 2019 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog. Take a look:
I started with a card base of Whisper White Thick card stock, and covered the front with a panel of the Balmy Blue Gingham Gala Designer Series paper of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″. I then cut a panel of Balmy Blue cardstock at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and ran it through the Big Shot using the new Country Floral Textured Impressions Embossing Folder — Love, love the gorgeous deep floral pattern it creates. I punched a circle out of the corner of the panel using the 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, wrapped a few rounds of white baker’s twine around the top and tied a bow. I then popped it onto the gingham layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I punched out two butterflies from the Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Papers with the yellow and blue shades already watercolored in by the SU! artists — so easy! Then I stamped a sentiment from the Fable Friends stamp set onto a scrap of Pineapple Punch cardstock and used one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits dies to cut out the sentiment with my Big Shot. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals again to pop the sentiment up across the bottom of the circle cutout.
Finally, I ‘colored’ in the raised flowers on the embossed Balmy Blue panel with Wink of Stella. Though hard to photograph, it is a beautiful effect, and I love the little bit of bling it gives to the flowers! I then placed my two butterflies and a few sparkly sequins around the card, and….DONE!! So fun and easy. Can you see it?
DO NOT miss out on the Country Floral Embossing Folder as it is a FREE GIFT through Sale-A-Bration when you purchase $50 in SU! product. Sale-A-Bration will end on March 31, and the embossing folder is going fast, so get it while you can — it will be a spring papercrafting staple for you! Click on ANY of the supplies at the bottom of this post to go SHOPPING with me!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 10, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Families First” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
March Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Roseanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping