Welcome to the Pals’ April Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we love to put our ”Families First!” Our Design Team created beautiful projects to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My mom, a retired teacher, has always been special to our entire family. She only lives about 1/4 mile from me, and at 83, she’s still going strong, involved in church and community volunteer activities.
I made this project for my mom as a Mother’s Day Gift Box. Inside the box will nestle a Gift Certificate to our local garden nursery, where my husband and I will be taking her soon for her spring flower needs. I already can’t wait!
To make this project, I wrapped two panels of Designer Series Papers around the Kraft box, one at 3″ and one at 2 1/2″ wide. Both the Petal Promenade and the Floral Romance papers blend so beautifully. I took a scrap of Floral Romance DSP and stamped the sentiment from the Incredible Like You Stamp Set in Mossy Meadow ink, then punched it out with the Pretty Label Punch. Then I did more punching! I punched out two butterflies in Glimmer Paper using the Butterfly Duet Punch, and some leaves in Mossy Meadow card stock and Vellum card stock using the Leaf Punch.
Then I put it all together: I wrapped some ribbon around the box and tied a large bow. I attached the leaves to the back of the punched sentiment and mounted it with dimensionals. Then I added the butterflies and some Artisan Pearls. So easy to create! See the bottom of this post to go shopping with me for all the supplies you need to make your own gift box!
I can’t wait for Mother’s Day to honor my mom with this Gift Box! Happy Mother’s Day to all of you wonderful mothers!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 8, 2019, when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “More Than One Score” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
- Pals Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio