Welcome to the Pals’ July Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Special Occasions” – cards or projects that add beauty to the special occasions we all love to make cards for! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
We have a number of weddings coming up, one of which is for a special family friend. The bride is my daughter’s best friend, so my Abby will be the Maid of Honor! It’s so fun to celebrate the good things in life! I created a wedding card using the colors of the bridesmaids’ dresses.
I decided on a monochromatic look with a little sparkle – can you see it? My card uses Merry Merlot ink and cardstock. First I stamped a single large magnolia from the Good Morning Magnolia bundle on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock, and used the die to cut it out.
I then took a card from the Bird Ballad Laser Cut Tin, and “sparkled it up” using the following steps:
- Put a sheet of scrap paper inside the laser-cut portion, so nothing sticky gets on the rest of the card.
- Take your Versamark pad and stamp the pad all over the laser cut side of the card, making sure it’s thoroughly covered.
- Combine some clear embossing powder with the Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and sprinkle all over the paper.
- Using the Heat Tool, emboss the entire front, and let cool.
See the lovely effect?
Next, adhere a panel of Merry Merlot to the back of the laser-cut front of the card and you’re ready to add the sentiment. I stamped a sentiment from the Path of Petals stamp set onto a scrap piece of paper and punched it out with the Tailored Tag punch. I popped it up, along with the elegant magnolia die cut, onto the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I embellished with a couple of Basic Rhinestone Jewels, and then used three strands of Linen Thread to make a bow, adhering that with a glue dot, and that was it! An elegant wedding card!
I hope you love it, and will try this sparkly technique for yourself! All the products used for this card are found below the Blog Hop List.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 11, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s the Sentiment that Counts” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
How many times have you needed a card of encouragement for a friend or family member?
The Hold On To Hope stamp set from Stampin’ Up! makes a perfect combination with the beautiful Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Papers. Here are both of these products in detail:
These papers are beautifully photographed, and look like real pressed petals strewn across the pages!
This stamp set is great for baptisms, confirmations, and other sacred celebrations, as well as for encouragement or sympathy. You’ll use it all year long!
The card goes together quickly using the Stitched Nested Frameliets Dies for your sentiment. I punched out some leaves with the Leaf Punch as accents. Add some Linen Thread, and a couple of embellishments, and you’re on your way to any number of beautiful projects!
Shop below to get these wonderful products! Remember to use this HOST CODE 3JAP4X9G when you make an online order, and you will receive a new roll of 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon in the color of your choice! I’ll contact you to get your preference. (Club members should use their own code previously emailed to you!)
Be sure to join my Up North Stampin’ Gang Facebook Page, and then post your beautiful creations there. We love to see and be inspired by your crafting work! Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199783410436824/
Are you ready to get a head start on your holiday cards? There is no need to wait until September 4th to order 2019 Holiday Catalog Items. Starting TODAY and running through August 31, all items from the 2019 Holiday Catalog can be added to the $99 Starter Kit Special!
During the process of signing up and purchasing your Starter Kit, the Holiday Catalog category will be available to click on and order from. Of course, you can always add items from the Annual Catalog, too!
Why is now a great time to join? You get more bang for your buck during the Extra! Extra! Recruiting Promotion!
- GET BONUS PRODUCTS & ORDER HOLIDAY PRODUCTS EARLY! Select up to $155 in products for $99 (that’s $56 in free products, which is $30 more than usual). Plus, the starter kit ships FREE, for a 10% savings. You can include products from any current Stampin’ Up! catalogs INCLUDING the Holiday Catalog. Simply look for the “Holiday Catalog” category when getting the kit. By joining now, you will be getting holiday products weeks before the September 4th catalog launch date.
- GET A $10 COUPON! If you purchase the kit and join Stampin’ Up! during the month of August, a $10 coupon code, which needs to be redeemed by October 31st, will be emailed to you.
- DISCOUNT Time! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a 20 – 25% discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up! items.
- I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit. You will still enjoy all the benefits and discounts of being a demonstrator through at least January 31, 2020!
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Up North Stampin’ Gang, AND the Pretty Pals, a great NATIONWIDE group of wonderful stampers. You’ll love it! You’ll have access to private Facebook groups, receive newsletters, and will be able to engage with a community of other stampers.
- JOIN RISK-FREE! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter (December 31), bravo! You automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. Reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) from quarter to quarter to continue to renew. If you don’t reach $300 in sales by the end of a quarter, you get an additional “grace period” the following month to catch up. In the event you still don’t reach $300 in sales by the end of the grace period, you “drop” your demonstrator status with no penalty.
- GIVE IT A TEST DRIVE! There’s no obligation to host workshops or parties, sell products to others or personally purchase anything beyond the kit!
If you have questions about joining, I am only an email away at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join NOW and get those holiday goodies headed your way, CLICK HERE!
We have a family baby shower coming up, and we know it’s a BOY! The baby’s room will have elephant themed, so I thought it would be fun to make the invitations from the “Little Elephant” stamp set from Stampin’ Up!
These invitations were so easy to create because of the coordinating punch. Here are the darling stamp set and punch:
I used the 2018-2020 In-Color Designer Series Papers in Pineapple Punch. There are different patterns in each of the five in-colors, so I did mix up the patterns. Here’s another one:
Each card was created by adhering a panel of the Designer Paper to a card base of Basic Gray. I used the Stitched Nested Label Dies to make a Whisper White panel on which to stamp and mount the punched elephants, stamped in Basic Gray as well. I punched out little ears from Silver Glimmer Paper, and affixed a single Heart Epoxy Droplet on each invitation. The ribbons are from my ‘stash,’ and are retired — any cute ribbon from Stampin’ Up! will do!
Below are all the products I used for these projects. This month, I am offering a FREE roll of 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon in any of the colors — you choose! You have only to use this Host Code while making an online order: 3JAP4X9G
It’s time to redeem those Bonus Days Coupons that you earned last month! You can apply your coupons to any order that you place during the month of August. Yay!!
Here are the redemption details:
- Redemption Period Deadline: August 31, 2019, by 11:50 pm (mt)
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions).
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed one time only.
Here are the details for how to redeem your coupon codes: