Welcome to the Pals’ July Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Special Occasions” – cards or projects that add beauty to the special occasions we all love to make cards for! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
We have a number of weddings coming up, one of which is for a special family friend. The bride is my daughter’s best friend, so my Abby will be the Maid of Honor! It’s so fun to celebrate the good things in life! I created a wedding card using the colors of the bridesmaids’ dresses.
I decided on a monochromatic look with a little sparkle – can you see it? My card uses Merry Merlot ink and cardstock. First I stamped a single large magnolia from the Good Morning Magnolia bundle on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock, and used the die to cut it out.
I then took a card from the Bird Ballad Laser Cut Tin, and “sparkled it up” using the following steps:
- Put a sheet of scrap paper inside the laser-cut portion, so nothing sticky gets on the rest of the card.
- Take your Versamark pad and stamp the pad all over the laser cut side of the card, making sure it’s thoroughly covered.
- Combine some clear embossing powder with the Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and sprinkle all over the paper.
- Using the Heat Tool, emboss the entire front, and let cool.
See the lovely effect?
Next, adhere a panel of Merry Merlot to the back of the laser-cut front of the card and you’re ready to add the sentiment. I stamped a sentiment from the Path of Petals stamp set onto a scrap piece of paper and punched it out with the Tailored Tag punch. I popped it up, along with the elegant magnolia die cut, onto the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I embellished with a couple of Basic Rhinestone Jewels, and then used three strands of Linen Thread to make a bow, adhering that with a glue dot, and that was it! An elegant wedding card!
I hope you love it, and will try this sparkly technique for yourself! All the products used for this card are found below the Blog Hop List.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 11, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s the Sentiment that Counts” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts