Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. This month we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pals Blog Hop with “Critters” from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals.
I’m offering mystery blog candy (ie: Stampin’ Up! goodies) to one lucky winner. FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN, please share a comment HERE on my blog about YOUR favorite Stampin’ Up! critter, which can be an insect, animal, bird, or butterfly. Please only play once, posting before Friday, March 13th, 2020 at NOON Central Time. The winner will be randomly chosen from the comments on this blog post. Note: I can only ship within the U.S.
You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
As a high school teacher, I have become aware that a couple of my esteemed colleague-friends will be retiring this spring. Although I’m super excited for them to start a new phase of their lives, I’ll certainly miss working with them. This extended circle fun fold card is for one of the soon-to-be retirees!
I learned of this card fold design from Too Cool Stamping’s Angie Leach. This card begins with a 9-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock, scored at the 2-1/4″ and 6-1/2″ marks. I used one of the Stitched Shaped Circle Dies to make the circle hole in the card. Come in from the long side, line up the first score line down the center of the circle, then cut.
After the folding the card base on the score lines, I decorated the front of the card with different patterns of Pleased as Punch Designer Series Papers. I love how they all coordinate with each other — very fun colors, too! The top flap has a 4″ x 1″ strip. The bottom flap has a 4″ x 2-3/4″ layer with a 4″ x 1/2″ strip across the bottom. Have you ordered yours? I have a feeling they’ll be selling out fast!
I stamped the cute chinchilla stamp on a Whisper White card stock scrap with Memento Ink, and then punched out with the Starburst Punch. I cut an extra starburst in Bermuda Bay card stock, and mounted one on top of the other, a little offset. I colored the shaded areas of the chinchilla with a Stampin’ Blend in Bermuda Bay.
Seriously, this stamp set makes my heart happy! So many occasions, such fun sayings!
I then added a 4″ X 4″ Whisper White layer onto the inside of the card, making sure not to get any Snail adhesive in the area where the circle is cut out. I stamped the retirement sentiment.
Finally, I cut out an oval Whisper White shape from the Stitched Shaped Dies, and one in Bermuda Bay as well, offsetting them. I added Dimensionals on the bottom half of the circle and attached it to the bottom of the oval with the card closed. I overlapped the top flap of the card just enough to keep it securely closed. I added a couple of Rhinestone Jewels to add a finishing touch. Lastly, I wrapped some Baker’s Twine and silver cording (from a Paper Pumpkin kit) and tied it in the front to add a bit of sparkle and bling!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 8th, for our “Special Occasions” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects for weddings, graduation, anniversary, baby, Mother’s/Father’s Day or any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty First Hop – January 2010
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts First Hop – May 2011
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian First Hop – June 2012
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards First Hop – September 2012
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping First Hop – March 2013
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations First Hop – August 2013
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair First Hop – April 2014
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’ First Hop – May 2014
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom First Hop – September 2014
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity First Hop – January 2015
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose First Hop – January 2015
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs First Hop – June 2015
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds First Hop – July 2015
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit First Hop – September 2015
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ First Hop – August 2016
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ First Hop – September 2016
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping First Hop – April 2017
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! First Hop – May 2017
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art First Hop – June 2017
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My! First Hop – February 2018
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink First Hop – June 2018
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen First Hop – October 2019
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink First Hop – November 2019
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping First Hop – January 2020
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life First Hop – March 2020