Hello, welcome to the Pals Blog Hop! This month, our theme is “Goodbye to January-June Mini and 2019-2020 Annual Catalogs and Hello to 2020-2021 Annual Catalog,” where the Design Team is showcasing their favorites from the retiring catalogs or products in the new catalog! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today I’m featuring the retiring “First Frost Bundle” from Stampin’ Up! This bundle has proven itself to be very versatile, from holiday and winter to romantic and vintage all year round. If you don’t have it, I strong recommend you make the investment!
The project features an easy Fancy Fold that I picked up from Lynn Dunn at Stamptastic Designs. The project is built on a panel of Shimmery White cardstock measuring 5 1/2″ by 4 1/4″. The card panel is not made into a full card, but rather supports the ‘mini’ card that sits on top. Onto that white back panel, I adhered a wood grained panel of the same size to add some texture and neutral color. On top of the wood grained panel, I adhered a panel of the laser cut paper from the Botanical Prints Medley in Pretty Peacock. By adhering in the middle of the laser paper, I knew my small card would hide any adhesive. The laser cut paper is a part of the beautiful Botanical Prints Medley!
The small card that gets adhered to the top starts with a 4 1/2″ by 6″ piece of 2019-21 In-Color Designer Series Paper in Rococo Rose, scored at 3″. I like using this paper, because, as you see below, the two-sided pattern creates interest on the inside of the card as well! The white panels on the outside and inside of the small card are 2 3/4″ by 4 1/2″.
On the inside white panel, I stamped a couple of small designs, and adhered it to the inside of the Rococo Rose card. On the front white panel, I created a bouquet using Seaside Spray, Pretty Peacock, and Rococo Rose, stamping the rose flowers on a scrap of Whisper White card stock and cutting out with the coordinating dies.
I popped up the top flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and then tucked in some leaves made with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Paper. A little sparkle makes my day! I stamped a sentiment from the First Frost Stamp Set in Pretty peacock, and then I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the front and adhered to the back of the white panel, tied a bow and glued that onto the front of the ribbon with Glue Dots.
Finally, I adhered the ‘mini’ card to the Designer Series Paper card front with the laser paper on it, using Stampin’ Dimensionals. And that was it! Here was my color combination – I love these tones together!
The First Frost Bundle is a beauty — and now’s your final chance to get the bundle before it retires! The list of products used in this project is at the bottom of this post.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for June 10th, with our theme “New 2020-2022 In Colors.” We can’t wait to show you the newest In Colors in the Stampin’ Up! color family. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days