Hello! Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “My Happiest Season.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Autumn in Northern Minnesota can sometimes be elusive. There are years when summer seems to turn to winter way too quickly; yet, Fall continues to be one of my favorite times of the year. I love the smells of fall, and the gorgeous, rich colors. As a teacher of 39 years, I even still like the smell of the first day of school!
Stampin’ Up! has knocked it out of the park again this year with their 2020 August-December Mini Catalog. The Autumn season has been royally treated, and today, I’m featuring a new suite called the Gilded Autumn Suite Collection. The colors are rich and warm, and the accompanying punch will make it a favorite, in my mind! Here is my project:
The Gilded Autumn Suite is a collection of products featuring the rich colors of Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake. The suite also includes the new Brushed Metallic papers in Gold, Copper, and Brass — I love them! Here are all the products included in this gorgeous suite:
Check out those luscious papers with foil accents, and yes, there are punches! I love the size of the punches– not too small, and not too large! They work perfect with some of the papers to stamp out the images, which is what I did with all of my punched leaves and acorns:
This card was constructed in the Double Point Fold style. There are many great videos out there to help! I followed the famous Frenchie’s (at Frenchie Stamps) instructional video found HERE. For those of you already familiar with this fun fold, here are the measurements I used, although there are many variations:
- Card base 5½” x 4¼”
- Inside layer 5¼” x 4″
- Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper 2 panels of 3″ x 4″ scored at 1″ and diagonal at 2,″ 2 strips of 5¼” x ¼”
- Stitched Nested Labels 4-7/8 x 2-5/8 and 4¼ x 2¼ (the biggest two sizes).
- Punched-out leaves and acorns from the Designers Series Papers.
I used a background of Early Espresso, and a smaller layer of Mint Macaron. I then used the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Papers as instructed in the video, both as a background, and also as punched-out images. This paper is so delicious!
The two strips of Designer Papers cut at 1/4″ by 5 1/4″ are a great way to conserve on this beautiful paper. Adhere the two strips down the side to make it appear as if the panel is the entire width of the card! See them at the sides of the project?
Here’s how it looks open — I left the card blank inside for now:
The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso on an oval die from the Stitched Shapes Dies. I then took all my little punched out images, arranged them, then popped on a darling Acorn Trinket, along with a bow of Linen Thread and the Metallic Ribbon that comes in the Combo Pack with the Suite.
I hope you enjoyed my Autumn Card today, created with all the beautiful products from the Gilded Autumn Suite, available NOW in the August-December 2020 Mini Catalog! All products used in this project are found at the bottom of this post! Have a wonderful Autumn, wherever you are!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 9th when our theme is “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” The Design Team will showcase a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies