Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects where “It’s the Sentiment that Counts.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Stampin’ Up! does such a great job of providing us with stamp sets that include beautiful sentiments, perfect for a variety of projects. I decided to focus on a sentiment that I have taken to heart these last few months. As a high school teacher, I’ve spent these months during the COVID-19 pandemic experiencing the gamut of emotions, from stress to fear, to concern over my students and family, and finally — to HOPE. We must live with hope in order to navigate through life. This time WILL get better. Here is my slimline card:
I started out a Thick Whisper White card base of 8 1/2″ by 7″, scored at 3 1/2″. I covered the front of the card base with a panel of “In Good Taste” Designer Series Paper to add some neutral texture, measuring 8 1/2″ by 3 1/2″. The lovely tree stamps are a part of the new “Life is Beautiful” stamp set. I wanted to try my hand at making the tree scenes depict the different seasons. To me, the seasons always symbolize HOPE. In the darkest winter days, there is always the hope of spring. The sentiment “Hope Changes Everything” comes from the “Love of Leaves” stamp set.
I cut out four rectangular scalloped panels from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I then stamped four tree scenes — so fun to do some pure stamping! I also used sponge daubers to shade in a little more color around the leaves.
I heat embossed the sentiment in Gold Embossing Powder, punched it out with the Lovely Labels Pick-a-Punch, and then popped it up onto some ribbon and attached to the card. I decided I needed a little sparkle, so I added some Artistry Blooms adhesive-backed sequins to the trees. I love the effect in real life!
This stamp set has to many possibilities, as does the Love of Leaves. I will keep these for many years to come!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! It is my prayer that you are always able to hold onto HOPE!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 14th when our theme is “Tag, You’re It!” Participants will showcase tags or 3D items that will be great for gifts for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Christine Eck at Dances With Hooves Paper Design
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery