Hello, and welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects showing “My Favorite Things” from any of the two current catalogs or the upcoming catalog in January. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My project today was designed using one of my favorite bundles from the Stampin’ Up! 2020-21 Annual Catalog, the Arrange a Wreath Bundle. It is such a versatile bundle, something I can pull out all year long. The multi-seasonal little objects with coordinating dies are all so fun!
I decided to create a wintery post-Christmas thank-you card, something to carry me into January. I tried a new fun fold card by Lisa Curcio called the Arrow Flap Greeting Card. Lisa’s instructional video can be found HERE.
Here are the measurements for the card:
- Pacific Point (base): 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Mint Macaron (inside): 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Balmy Blue (gate fold): 4″ x 10 1/2″, score at 2 5/8″ & 7 7/8″
- Thick Whisper White (layer): 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Thick Whisper White (inside): 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Thick Whisper White: scrap for sentiment
- Designer Paper: 6″ x 6″, cut on the diagonal, score at 1/2″ on longest side
The ‘arrow flap’ of this card is made from folding the triangular-shaped “Let It Snow” DSP at the score line, as specified, and then adhering the flap over the gatefold and then attaching the gatefold to the Pacific Point card base. Once you make one project following Lisa’s instructions in the video, you’ll have it down!
I then cut out two wreath shapes from the Wreath Builder dies: one in Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper, and one using Mint Macaron cardstock. I also cut out a number of flowers from the dies using Pacific Point, arranging the whole thing on the arrow part of the flap.
The sentiment is from the Peaceful Moments stamp set, stamped onto the smallest Stitched Nested Labels Dies using Pacific Point ink. When you open the gatefold, there is room for a sentiment and writing inside.
I hope you liked my tribute to the Arrange a Wreath bundle. If you haven’t invested, it’s worth it! This bundle will be a staple in my craft room for years to come! Just look at the possibilities in this great duo!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on January 13th when our theme will be Time to Sale-A-Brate. Participants will showcase tags or 3D items that will be great for gifts for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jeanie H Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Lisa Milligan at Stamp a Rainbow
33 thoughts on “Pals’ December Blog Hop: My Favorite Things”
Mary, this card is so pretty! Love the fun fold using that gorgeous DSP. Hope you have a great holiday season with your family!
Thank you so much, Debbie! Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday!
What a beautiful way to use the wreath bundle. Love the colors!
Thank you so much, Lisa!
Such a beautiful fancy fold, Mary! Great job!
Thank you so much, Su! I appreciate it!
Such a pretty card. I love the fold and the wreath is one of my favorites too!
Thank you, Melissa!
I love the detail of this card!
Thank you so much, Lori!
Very fun and so festive and bright!
Thanks, Chrissy! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
Beautiful! I just got this bundle, can’t wait to play with it!
Thanks, Renae! It’s so fun to work with!
Such a beautiful card, Mary! The wreath is perfect with this fold!
Thanks, Michelle — I appreciate it!
I love this fold! Your card is so pretty and shows off both sides of the great DSP!
Thank you, Jackie! I appreciate it!
WOW! I love this! Can’t wait to give this card fold a try! THanks for sharing!
Thank you for your kind words, Jeanie!