Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for February 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are CASE’ing a project shown in a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. After all, with the Annual, Occasions and Sale-a-Bration catalogs available right now, there is much inspiration from which to choose. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
On the bottom of page 88 of the 2016-17 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog is a card that I have glanced at many times as I have made my way through the catalog!
When I finally took a closer look at it, I discovered that I really liked the layout and its interesting lines with a combination of textures. SO — I re-vamped the card with a fresh new color combination using the “Cupcakes and Carousels” Designer Series Paper, found in the 2017 Occasions Catalog. I LOVE every single paper in this double-sided 6″ by 6″ paper stack (#142744, $10.00).
Delicious, huh? To make my card, I started with a Very Vanilla card base, then covered the front entirely with a panel from the DSP pack, cut to 5 1/2″ by 4 1/4.” I used the Banners Framelits (#132173, $27.00) to create a Chocolate Chip banner, and then a smaller banner cut from the DSP. From there, I started layering the elements from the ‘bottom up,’ starting with one Delicate White Doily (141701, $3.00). The sentiment is from the “Suite Sentiments” stamp set (#140712, $21.00 Clear Mount), stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.
Other elements that create interest include Gold Metallic Thread (138401, $3.00), a gold Metallic Foil Doily (#138392, $4.00), and a single large pearl from the Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247, $5.00)
The wonderful thing about Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Series, AND this card, is that there are no wrong answers! The colors blend beautifully no matter which ones you choose. By substituting new colors for the prior black-and-white design, I have created an entirely new, fresh look from a classic layout!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Susan Itell at simplestampin.com
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ You’re right here!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme