Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “Gifts From the Garden.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
A trellis adds visual interest to any garden, as it brings the eye upward and creates a color-filled backdrop. My mom has a beautiful Clematis that graces a trellis on the side of her home. I used this recent photo of her trellis as the inspiration for my fun fold card this month.
And here it is:
This Diagonal Fun Fold is a design by Lisa Curcio. You can learn more about how to create the project at this Video Link. Lisa explains it much better than I can! This is how it looks closed up:
I used the brick background paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. The papers are so realistic, the brick looks like it’s 3D! A second sheet of Early Espresso cardstock was adhered to the back of the DSP. Once adhered together, I cut and scored the paper according to Lisa’s instructions as follows:
From there I simply built my card! I stamped and then punched out petals from the Floral Essence stamp set in Gorgeous Grape ink using Gorgeous Grape card stock. I adhered sets of the petals together to make flowers. I also stamped many leaves in Garden Green ink and punched them out using the retired Leaf Punch as well as a few with the Sprig Punch. I placed the flowers and the leaves as if they were growing up a trellis on a brick wall! It was fun!
This punch and stamp set, although no longer a bundle, are keepers. I do love a punch when it comes to saving time!
Both sentiments are from the Peaceful Moments stamp set, and both were cut out using a die from the Stitched So Sweetly dies. I just love this set of dies — I find myself reaching for them time after time!
I finished off my flowers with the 2020-22 In Color Enamel Dots. I hope you enjoyed my card that is a tribute to my mother’s lovely garden! The supply list for this project can be found at the very bottom of this post.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop, which will be August 12th when our theme is “My Happiest Season.” The Design Team will showcase projects inspired by their favorite seasonal time of the year. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping