Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring or Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Perhaps you remember these ‘diorama’ Easter eggs from your childhood, or maybe you still create them as one of your Easter traditions.
I LOVE Easter, and I love the nostalgic feeling of these eggs….like a time gone by. Well, my goal with today’s blog card was to take the darling “Basket Bunch” Photopolymer Bundle, and create a similar ‘look’ but on a card instead.
To begin, I cut a very vanilla card base, 5 1/2″ by 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. I created a shaker card using a sheet of Cupcakes of Carousels Designer Series Paper, cut to 5 1/4″ by 4″. I used the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies to cut an oval out of the DSP, and then created a scalloped border using Soft Sky. I stamped some spring flowers onto the card base, and then filled the shaker card with white mica flakes from the SU! 2016 Holiday Catalog and a few blue sequins to add a little colored sparkle. The flowers, leaves and the darling bunny and bird are all from the Basket Builder Framelit dies, cut out of Daffodil Delight and Soft Sky cardstock. Of course, I wanted to add some ‘glimmer’ to the accents with the Wink of Stella pen.
Very Vanilla satin ribbon and Pearl accents finished off my version of a diorama egg quite nicely.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ You are here!
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
One thought on “Pals Blog Hop — Spring!”
Just the sweetest card! Brings back memories.