Welcome to the June 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month’s theme, Pick a “B,” features projects inspired by Babies, Birthdays and Brides to name few. You may just get a glimpse of new catalog products while you hop with us today.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
My card contains a couple of “B’s,” if you haven’t guessed it already. I actually chose the BLUE vase as my “B,” but my husband said adjectives don’t count (haha!). However, I knew I had a back-up plan with the “B” in BIRTHDAY!
I combined the photopolymer Host stamp set called “Tranquil Tulips” (#143767) with the “Jar of Love” photopolymer stamp set (#141587) and Everyday Jars Framelits (#141490) to create this card. Using my Big Shot, I cut out the jar shape from the framelits using the Pool Party patterned sheet from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper Stack (#144155). I also cut a 1 1/4″ by 4″ strip from the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack (#144177) to create a ‘table’ surface. I adhered that strip to a 5 1/4″ by 4″ Whisper White card panel. I guess-timated where my blue paper vase would be adhered in order to stamp a bouquet of tulips that would fit into the vase. I used Calypso Coral, Berry Burst, Melon Mambo, and Peekaboo Peach ink pads, and created a lighter shade for the base of each tulip by stamping off once before stamping the flower onto the white panel. The second stamp of the two-stamp process uses the coordinating full-strength ink. I then used Pear Pizazz ink to add stems and leaves to my bouquet.
I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up my vase onto the card front. I tried to create a ‘raffia’ look for the natural bow on the vase by taking a few inches of Burlap Ribbon and peeling the ribbon into strips. I then put the strips together to make a bow and adhered it to the vase with a glue dot. The sentiment is from the “Balloon Celebration” stamp set (#140675). I used Berry Burst ink on Whisper White card stock, and then punched a banner using the Triple Banner Punch, one of my go-to’s! The Whisper White front panel was adhered using some SNAIL to a Peekaboo Peach card base.
To add some dimension, I re-stamped two tulip top stamps in Calypso Coral, cut them out with my snips and popped them up with a dimensional. This helped create balance to the already popped-up vase! The card is finished off with some Glitter Enamel Dots in Old Olive to add some sparkle and whimsy! I had SO much fun creating my “B” card. I hope you give this lovely new Host Set a try. The shading is so artistic and pretty! Remember, this Host Set can be yours for only $10.00 when you order at least $150 in Stampin’ Up! product, OR if you host an event, and the event orders total over $150. Easy!
It’s time to get your hands on these beautiful products, and all the other wonderful new items in the 2017-18 Annual SU! Catalog! Use the “Shopping” Button above to go to my site and start the shopping fun! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance as you order!
Thanks again for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on July 12th. We’re having a pattern party! Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. See you on July 12th for the next Pals Blog Hop! You are now on Mary Hanson’s Up North Stampin’ page!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
5 thoughts on “Pals Blog Hop: Pick a “B””
Gorgeous tulips Mary.
Mary, your tulips pop right off the front of your card! The colors are simply vibrant and beautiful 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
Love your tulip arrangement and blue vase…can’t wait to put my hands on these when I get home this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!
Bloke your tulips! Pretty card!
That should say Love your tulips!