Welcome to the Pals April 2018 Blog Hop. Join us while we put “Families First” in our hop this month. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with family-related projects like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduation or Family Vacations. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
I have a special graduation card to share with you today! My daughter Abby is graduating from a North Dakota State University this early May, with a major in Biology with an emphasis in Pre-Health. She’s thinking about becoming a Physician’s Assistant. We’re so excited to see what her next adventure might be! This card was designed for her graduation.
The school colors (Go, Bison!) are Green and Gold, so I used the Stampin’ Blends in Old Olive and Daffodil Delight to color a floral background on a beautiful panel of black and white Petal Passion Designer Series Paper. The large flower reminds me of a college ‘mum!’ Yes?? I mounted this 3 7/8″ by 5 1/8″ floral panel to a piece of Basic Black cardstock measuring 4″ by 5 1/4″. Finally, I adhered these to an Old Olive card base measuring 8 1/2″ by 5 1/2,” scored at 4 1/4.”
I created the sentiment using the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies with Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock. Then I made a party noisemaker by embossing gold stripes on Basic Black cardstock using the Picture Perfect stamp and fussing cutting it. The ‘head’ part of the noisemaker was made with gold embossing powder on white. I tied a small gold Mini Tinsel Trim around it and shredded the ends to add a little dimension. Finally, I added some Gold Glitter Flakes across the card, because my girl likes her sparkles, just like her mama! It looks beautiful when the sun catches it!
The Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set is so great for many of life’s celebrations. Just look at all those beautiful sentiments in those awesome fonts! You can get yours now by clicking on the supply photos below, or clicking on the Link above to Go Shopping!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on Wednesday, May 9, 2018, when we all “Step It Up with Textures or Techniques.” Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping