Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Layer It Up” – showcasing our favorite Designer Series Paper and embellishments. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop,” along from Pal to Pal.
I am thoroughly enjoying the gorgeous holiday Designer Series Papers from Stampin’ Up! this year, some in non-traditional colors, but I must confess — I LOVE the combination of Kraft paper, Real Red, and Whisper White — it says “Christmas” to me! I decided to create a fun gift box using the SU! Kraft Pillow Boxes (available in the annual catalog) and lots of luscious layers, in these Christmas-y colors.
I adhered two small strips of Sparkle Glimmer Paper to the back of a panel of “Let It Snow” Specialty Designer Series Paper, the one with the stripes. (The small strips of glimmer paper work great instead of a large panel if you want to save your ‘pretty paper!’) I wanted a striped pattern to contrast with the dots…and it may be a little more interesting than a solid panel of card stock.
I then cut out two sets of snowflakes from the Christmas Layers Dies, one from a scrap of Shimmery White card stock, and one from Red Glimmer paper. WOW — can you say ‘all year long?’ These dies are going to be so fun and versatile, and not just for winter!
I cut some of the snowflakes apart and then layered them on top of each other to mix the red and white together. I adhered these to the background layers. I stamped a sentiment from the “Merry Moose” stamp set onto a 3/4″ rectangle scrap of Shimmery White card stock in Real Red Ink. I then punched both ends with the Triple Banner Punch and popped it onto the box with Stampin’ Dimensionals. This stamp set couldn’t be any cuter — have you seen it?
I accented with more embellishments, including Snowflake Sequins and Basic Pearl Jewels. Lastly I wrapped around a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and tied a bow. Lots of layering adds to the fun of this gift box.
Just think of the possibilities for a box like this, and how well it will fit into your holiday gift giving! The list of products used in this project can be found at the end of this blog post.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 11th, for our Retirement Fun Fold Party when our Design Team showcase projects using retiring products from the Holiday Catalog with a fun fold card. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink