Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because this month’s theme is “Art from the Heart” and we think you’re going to love it! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
When thinking of a concept for my project today, I decided to take the “Heart” theme literally, and create my own Conversation Hearts.
I used the small heart die from the Stitched Be Mine dies, found in the Annual Catalog, to cut hearts in Coastal Cabana, Mint Macaron, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Pineapple Punch, Highland Heather, and Peekaboo Peach cardstock. I then stamped all kinds of small sentiments from various stamp sets to make them look like candy hearts! This is a great set of dies for all kinds of ‘love’ occasions, including Valentine’s Day!
I started with a Whisper White card base to which I added a Coastal Cabana panel. I then ran a panel of Soft Seafoam cardstock through my Big Shot using the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and adhered that to the card base. I cut a platter from the Birthday Dies in Sparkle Glimmer Paper, and placed in on the card. Then I placed the hearts on the platter and to the side of it, using Snail adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals. Finally, I stamped the Happy Valentine’s Day sentiment and punched it out with the retired Heart Punch, and placed it on the front of the card. A few Heart Epoxy Droplets added the finishing touch!
The inside of the card was stamped with a sentiment from the Heartfelt Bundle and a couple of extra hearts added in!
I hope you enjoyed my card that truly speaks of Art from the HEART!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 11th, for our “Critter Card” blog hop when our Design Team showcase projects with animals, birds, butterflies or insects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ ————You are Here!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
20 thoughts on “Pals Blog Hop: Art From the Heart”
Such a cute valentine card, Mary. This brings back so many memories that I can taste them right now. I really like how you used the cake stand here, too. Great card!
So cute Mary! When I was growing up, Conversation hearts were a favorite!
This is super cute, Mary! What a fun idea!
Absolutely adorable, Mary!
What a fun card, I love it!
Absolutely perfect! I can just taste the candy hearts.
What an adorable card! I love the little conversation hearts, so nostalgic
My hubby loves the Sweettart candies and you have made them! A CASE is already in my mind. Thank you for sharing!