Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Tag, You’re It” – tags or 3D projects to get you inspired for the upcoming gift season. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My project serves a dual purpose, if you will. It is a holiday card that can be repurposed by the receiver as a Gift Tag!
I started with a Whisper White card base of 11″ by 4 1/2″, scored at 5 1/2″. I covered the front with a panel from the beautiful Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Papers.
Then I went about creating my wreath. I punched out a circle from the 2 1/4″ circle punch. Then I used the Wreath Builder Dies to make three layers of wreath: two in Pretty Peacock and one in Just Jade. I layered them together onto the circle base. I then punched a couple of sprigs from the Sprig Punch and cut them, tucking them in here and there for some sparkle. I attached some Snowflake Adhesive-Backed Embellishments onto the wreath, just for fun!
I then stamped a stocking from the new stamp set “A Merry Hello” using Poppy Parade ink. I also stamped a stocking ‘cuff’ in Poppy Parade as well. Then I stamped directly over the red ink on the stocking pieces with Versamark, after which I heat embossed each piece with Clear Emboss Powder. This helped make that bright cheery Poppy Parade really POP! I fussy cut the two pieces and popped them up onto the wreath with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I finished the stocking with Red Rhinestone embellishments.
I adhered some retired Poppy Parade Baker’s Twine to the back of the wreath, making a loop, and then popped the entire wreath onto the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. The sentiments both come from the “A Merry Hello” Stamp Set, which is a Host Set in the August-September Mini Catalog.
I used the Banners Pick a Punch to punch out the sentiment pieces and then adhered it to the card front, adding two more Red Rhinestones. Done!
What is NOT to love about the Arrange A Wreath Bundle? There’s something for every season, which is what appealed to me from the start. This bundle is the best!
The fun part about this card is that the wreath can be removed and used as a holiday gift tag!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 11th when our theme is “Pile It On!” Participants will showcase projects with lots of layers, embellishments and/or texture. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…