Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects featuring “Sale-A-Bration Products.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments. We love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My card starts with the Sweet Strawberry bundle from the new January-June Mini Catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Papers are the prettiest in the business, and my project utilizes a set of DSP from the Sale-A-Bration rewards brochure. A punch bundle is the BEST, don’t you agree? It’s time saving, and yet adds some detail and dimension to the card. I grab up every one that comes out from Stampin’ Up! How fun is this bundle going to be — all through spring and summer! And check out the beautiful fonts on the sentiments. L-O-V-E.
My project starts with a card base of 4 1/4″ by 11″, and a panel of cardstock (Granny Apple Green) that measures 4″ by 5 1/4″ that I ran through my Cut and Emboss machine with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
Next, I used one of the patterned sheets of DSP from the Berry Blessing bundle – a stamp set and a set of Designer Series Paper – available through Sale-A-Bration with a $100 purchase. I loooooove this bundle and how it coordinates with the Sweet Strawberry bundle from the new Mini Catalog – a perfect combination!
Here’s a fun way to cut your beautiful DSP that allows you to make many cards with just one sheet of 12″ by 12″ paper. I love the way this technique adds these fun patterns and goes a long way! I got this angled cutting tip from Susan Campfield at https://www.suestampfield.com/blog/.
Start with a 6″ x 6″ piece of DSP, and make a small pencil mark at 1 1/2″, then turn clockwise and make the same 1 1/2″ tick mark on each side of the paper.
Then line up two pencil tick marks from opposite sides of the paper, and cut from one side straight down to the opposite side. Keeping the paper intact after the cut, turn the paper clockwise, and cut from the other tick mark to the opposite side of the paper.
This method leaves you with four angled cuts that you can use for four different cards! Just match a corner of your card base with the correct angled piece and adhere! You can make four cards with a 6 by 6″ panel of DSP!
I adhered one of the angled cuts as an additional layer on the card. From there, I used a Stitched Shapes circle diecut and stamped a sentiment from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set onto the circle. I then stamped three strawberries (in two steps with Poppy Parade ink) onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock. I stamped three leaves for the strawberries with Garden Green. I punched out all the shapes with my new coordinating punch, and positioned them on the card. I topped off the card with some Elegant Faceted Gems.
The Sweet Strawberry bundle and the Sale-A-Bration coordinated bundle Berry Blessings are going to be SO popular!
Here is another project I made using a different piece of the DSP, and a Rich Razzleberry/Garden Green combination. See how this angled panel comes from the bottom right of the card instead of the top left? And don’t forget — four cards out of a 6″ by 6″ square of paper!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my two projects from the new Sweet Strawberry and Berry Blessings Bundles from Sale-A-Bration! I know these bundles will be getting a LOT of use in the new months of spring and summer!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 10th when our theme will be “Birthday Bonanza” where the design team will be sharing birthday projects that celebrate our family and friends. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
BLOG HOP LINEUP
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations