Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Great Family Occasions.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My mom is 86 years old. She and my dad still live in their home about 1/4 mile away from us. I am already looking forward to Mother’s Day this year, as I’m hoping, with vaccinations and an improved pandemic situation, we will be able to celebrate together with her!
Here is the Mother’s Day card I made for her. She loves flowers, so the Jar of Flowers stamp set seemed like a good place to start.
I used a Basic White cardstock base, and adhered a panel of DSP from the Fine Arts Floral Designer Series papers for a background. I used two 3 1/2″ squares — one of Silver Foil, and one of Vellum Cardstock — to make two textured background pieces. I used the Dainty Diamonds 3D for the vellum piece, and Subtle 3D embossing folder for the silver foil piece. These I offset and adhered to the card base.
I built my bouquet using Basic White cardstock, onto which I stamped a Memento Black image of the stems and the flowers, separately. I also stamped the top of the bouquet again, in order to get a few extra small flowers that I would use for filling in my bouquet. I then stamped over the same images with Versamark, and heat embossed the images with clear emboss powder. The results made the black lines stand out, as well as gave them a nice shine. I colored the flowers and stems with Flirty Flamingo, Petal Pink, Mint Macaron, and Just Jade, using Sponge Daubers. I then fussy cut all the images, cutting away a few of the small flowers at the top of the extra image.
I adhered the bouquet to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals, tucking the small ‘extra’ flowers in at the bottom of the bouquet for a little extra fullness. I tied a double bow of white baker’s twine and popped it on with a glue dot. The sentiment was stamped from the Dressed to Impressed Stamp Set, and then punched out with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. I added some Holiday Rhinestones, and I felt done!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my Mother’s Day Card — I wish all of you who are mothers a Happy Mother’s Day — feel the love for you on this special day!
All the products used for this project can be found at the bottom of this post!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on May 12th when our theme is “2021-2023 New In Colors” when our Design Team creates a project with the new family of In Colors for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Annette Elliott at AEstamps a Latte