Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Wonderful Cards/Projects from the Garden,” where our design team showcase projects from things found in a garden, such as flowers, vegetables, fruits, or even a garden scene. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. Once you finish here, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The bold and bright sunflower strikes a dramatic pose in a late summer garden, sure to be noticed! My project uses a returning favorite: the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set with coordinating Sunflowers Dies, found in the new Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. I chose to update these fun products with some bright and modern twists.
To create this project, I first embossed the front of a Polish PInk card base with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. I also cut a 1 1/8″ X 4 3/4″ panel of the “Expressions in Ink” Designer Series Paper, and embossed it with the same embossing folder, adhering it to the front of the card base. I then used a square of Polish Pink 2021-23 In-Color Shimmer Vellum to heat emboss the detailed sunflower image with white embossing. It’s hard to photograph, but the shimmery vellum and white embossing create a beautiful effect! I cut that out with the coordinating die and backed it with a sunflower die cut in basic white cardstock, to ensure a true Polish Pink embossed image. I also cut out a detailed sunflower in Gold Foil.
These detailed stamps create a beautiful sunflower image, especially when used with the dies!
I adhered the gold foil sunflower to the cardbase, and then popped the pink sunflower near the gold one. I cut out three leaves from the Sunflower dies, using a coordinating sheet of Expressions in Ink DSP — I love the gold veining! From there, I stamped a sentiment from the stamp set with a Basic White strip, and made an angled cut on each side, popping that up with Stampin’ Dimensionals as well. I used a Mini Glue Dot to add my darling Bumblebee Trinket, and I was done!
I hope you enjoyed my project! All the products used to create this card can be found below. More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team, because the Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on August 11th. Our theme will be “My Happiest Season” when our Design Team creates a project showcase projects inspired by their favorite season of the year. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Leah O’Brien at Honeybee Stamping & More
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ ——–YOU ARE HERE!
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda