Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “My Happiest Season.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I’ve always been drawn to Autumn, which is ironic, since in Northern Minnesota, the fall season can be quite short, preempted by an early snowfall! But it’s much more than the weather — it’s the colors, the smells, and the pumpkin spice everything! I’ve chosen a project that combines Designer Series Papers with a new fall bundle, found in the Stampin’ Up! July-December 2021 Mini Catalog, called the Beauty of Tomorrow Bundle.
I started with a card base of Cinnamon Cider, scored at 4 1/4″ and 2 1/8.” I folded the short panel back to create an accordian fold on the front of the card. I adhered four panels with three different Designer Series Papers and one panel of Basic White cardstock, all cut at 2″ by 5 3/8.” Two are from the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Papers, and one from the Bloom Where You’re Planted papers. You can see the four panels below, with the card open. The white area is for writing in, or stamping an additional sentiment.
From there, I used the Scalloped Contours Dies to cut out two panels — the larger in Blackberry Bliss, and one in Basic White, on which I stamped the sentiment from the Beauty of Tomorrow stamp set — I love these fonts — so fresh and modern! I also cut out a large detailed leaf pattern from the Beauty of Tomorrow dies in the Brushed Metallic paper — WOWZA, do I love those papers! I cut the large leaf pattern apart, and used glue dots to stick them onto the back of the two panels on the bottom, and onto the top front on the top.
After adhering the white panel onto the Blackberry Bliss panel, I popped both of them onto th front of the card base, but only the left half, with Stampin’ Dimensionals. That way, the card opens correctly.
I finished off with a bow made from a couple of strands of linen thread, and I was done! This bundle is a winner — one I’m sure I’ll keep for a long time! (But of course, I say that with all of my Stampin’ Up! bundles! LOL)
I hope you enjoyed my Autumn card! I’m already looking forward to the cooler weather that fall brings. More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on September 8th. Our theme will be “Focus on the Sentiment” when our Design Team creates a project showcasing a sentiment as the focal point of their project. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ ———YOU ARE HERE!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations