Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Sentiment as a Focal Point.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My two simple sentiments are packed with meaning and love. I would hope my card could actually sit at someone’s desk or bedside as a reminder that they are LOVED and thought of. We need more of that in our world today!
The Pop-Up Card design is from Connie Stewart’s website, Simply Simple Stamping, https://simplysimplestamping.com/pop-up-card-idea-with-designer-paper/. The measurements and the design are simple to re-create!
- Evening Evergreen cardstock – 5 1/2″ X 9 1/4″, scored at 1 1/2″, 2 3/4″, 6 1/2″, and 7 3/4″
- Quiet Meadow Designer Series Paper – 5 1/4″ X 3 1/2″
- Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper, two strips at 1 1/4″ X 5 1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock – 3 1/2″ X 5 1/4″
I adhered the designer papers to the card base, which was folded like an accordion so it would stand up on its own. The Basic White panel should be adhered to the back main part of the card, and can be used for your handwritten or stamped message. I then used the Quiet Meadow dies to cut out various flowers/plants — I just LOVE these — in different shades of the Shimmer Vellum. So fun to just build little bouquets with that shimmery vellum in the soft 2021-23 In Colors!
I also cut out a leafy die with the Be Dazzling Specialty Designer Papers, a free product you can get during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 purchase. I also die cut the two small butterflies in Shimmer Vellum.
I adhered the bouquet onto the main part of the card, and decorated the two side panels, adding a butterfly to each as well. I then used the Heat Tool to emboss two sentiments from the Love of Leaves stamp set in White Embossing Powder on Evening Evergreen cardstock. I cut out the sentiments using the AWESOME Tailor Made Tags and adhered them onto the front. I tied a double bow using Linen Thread and used a glue dot to adhere them onto the bouquet. The little Genial Gems added an additional sparkle, and I was done!
I hope you enjoyed my project with two heartfelt sentiments that I just love. Hopefully more people in our world today will know they are in our thoughts!
All the products used in my card can be found below the Blog Hop List. More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 13th. Our theme will be Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects when participants showcase fun fold cards or 3D items that will be great for any occasion. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’ –You Are Here!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Kim Webb at Just Paper, LLC