No doubt you’ve seen the ‘scrappy strip’ technique that’s been all the rage in the paper crafting world. Well, I just had to give it a try, because I love the beautiful patterns in the Blackberry Beauty Designer Series Papers.
Here’s my card:
I got my inspiration from a fun video by Bruno and Kylie Bertucci: https://www.kyliebertucci.com/2020/03/brunos-scrappy-strip-technique-video.html AND Helen Read, who created a beautiful design of her own: http://allthingsstampy.blogspot.com/2021/09/scrappy-strip-technique-and-mosaic.html
It’s a simple 4-step technique.
- 1. Cut a panel to fit your card (I make my 1/4″ smaller than my card front, so that’s 5 1/4″ by 4″.
- 2. Prepare four pieces of cardstock or Designer Series Paper – I cut four six inch square pieces, or a quarter sheet of regular card stock.
- 3. Cut these four panels into irregular strips, from 1/4″ to 1″ on one side, and at a slant or aigonal — you choose your look!
- 4. Assemble these strips onto your panel and trim off the excess.
- 5. Add your panel of scrappy strips to your card base, and you’re done!
I used a card base of Blackberry Bliss card stock cut at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4.” The sentiment panel is from the Scalloped Contours Dies, and the Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Sweet as a Peach Stamp Set.
It’s that simple! And that pretty! Think of all the cards you can create using our beautiful DSP! I hope you liked my project! All the products you need to create this yourself can be found at the end of this post.
Catalogs – If you do not have a demonstrator you work with and live within the US and need a free copy of our most current catalogs contact me via email — I have the current Mini and Annual catalogs on hand and ready to ship to you FREE! No commitment or purchase necessary, but you HAVE to get our beautiful catalogs in your hands!
By the way, I’d love it if you would join my Up North Stampin’ Gang Facebook Group and posted your box so we can give you some stampin’ love! Here’s the link. We have so much fun!
Free Product! If you order using the host code below in October, you will receive from me a free set of Wonderful Gems for an online order of $50 or more. These gems will be so awesome for your holiday projects!
And don’t forget about the Clearance Rack that has been refreshed with some products up to 60% off!! Go HERE to start shopping CLEARANCE!
Host Code: JUY3ZU4RProduct List