I had a special card to make for my husband on our anniversary, so I turned to the masculine papers of the new “He’s The Man” Designer Series Papers. This set of papers is unique in that it includes two 12×12″ sheets of pre-designed diecuts, to make a project even easier! Here’s the fun fold card I made him:
The fun fold is called a “Freestanding Floating Panel Card,” and I saw the tutorial on Susan Stampfield’s website: https://suestampfield.com/2022/04/the-freestanding-floating-panel-cards/#more-9943
I used two patterns from the “He’s the Man” Designer Papers, plus Basic White cardstock. Notice the bellyband that goes around the middle. The circle graphic is one of the pre-cut die patterns that comes with the papers. So easy! When opened, you can see the stamped sentiment on the inside as well.
Here are the basic instructions:
Card base: 5 x 7, scored at 1/2”, 1 1/2”, 5 1/2” & 6 1/2”
Turn to 5” side and score in at 1/2”, stopping at the score line. There will be a scored square. Flip and do the other opposite 5” at the top, 1/2” at intersecting score line. Cut two squares out. Make an angled cut. Fold all the creases of the card base. (see video)
Take the larger white panels (2 x 5 1/2″) and adhere DSP to them (1 3/4 x 5 1/4”.) Then adhere to front thin strips on the card base. They should be even with top and bottom of card.
Floating mechanism: Take the other two white pieces that are 1 1/2 by 4 1/2” and score at 1/2” and 1” with short end at top (score long). Accordion fold for little tiny Z’s. Hold the one for the left like it’s an actual Z. Line up with the bottom of the DSP edge on the front center of card. Right Z has to be a mirror image so the Z has to be backwards. Adhere to card. (See video!)
Panels that will ‘float’: Take the white panels at 1 1/2” by 5 1/4” and the DSP panels at 1 1/4” by 5”. Adhere to each other, then adhere to Z panels FLUSH WITH THE BOTTOM OF THE CARD and centered.
The bellyband is 1” by 9 1/2”, (DSP) folded around the card. Use Tear n Tape to seal the bellyband, making sure you can remove it easily from around the card. Decorate the belly band!
These papers are truly gorgeous. See the upper left panel? Those are the diecut images that you simply punch out:
I hope you enjoyed my project today! Watching Susan Stampfield’s video just one time will make this card a fun fold favorite for you! Click on any of the products below to start shopping with me!
Amazing In Color Starter Kit Special!
IT’S THE ULTIMATE STAMPIN’ UP! BUNDLE!
Get the products you love at the lowest price! Now’s the time to do it for yourself. Take advantage of the In Color Starter Kit Special for only $99 and get $191.50 worth of Stampin’ Up! products, including lots of new In Color products!
Why is now a great time to join? You get more bang for your buck during the In-Color Promotion!
- When you join, you will be able to choose $125 worth of product from EITHER the JANUARY-JUNE Mini Catalog or the Annual Catalog, for $99 plus FREE SHIPPING! In addition, you get all the FREE products you see above!
- DISCOUNT Time! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a 20 – 25% discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up! items. You’ll see new products first, get your free catalogs early, and be able to pre-order all the good stuff!
- I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit. You will still enjoy all the benefits and discounts of being a demonstrator through at least August 1, 2022!
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Up North Stampin’ Gang, AND the Pretty Pals, a great NATIONWIDE group of wonderful stampers. You’ll love it! You’ll have access to private Facebook groups, receive newsletters, and will be able to engage with a community of other stampers.
- JOIN RISK-FREE! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the next FULL Stampin’ Up! quarter, (September 30, since we are already part way throught THIS quarter), bravo! You automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. Reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) from quarter to quarter to continue to renew. If you don’t reach $300 in sales by the end of a quarter, you get an additional “grace period” the following month to catch up. In the event you still don’t reach $300 in sales by the end of the grace period, you “drop” your demonstrator status with no penalty.
- GIVE IT A TEST DRIVE! There’s no obligation to host workshops or parties, sell products to others or personally purchase anything beyond the kit!
If you have questions about joining, I am only an email away at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join NOW and get these colorful goodies headed your way, go here starting May 3 through May 30! CLICK HERE!
Please let me know if you have any questions. I can’t wait for you to join the fun!
It’s May, and that means a new host code. Place an online order with me for $50 or more, and you’ll receive brand new embellishments from me! Here’s the Host Code you need:
QRR72VBW (Non-Club Members Only!)Product List
One thought on ““He’s The Man” in my World!”
Such a beautiful card Mary. You look so content now. So many smiles and bright eyes. Bev