This month, the theme is a Color Challenge. Using Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow, the Design Team has created some great projects! We hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Here is the Color Combo we are using this month. These colors spoke of the Autumn season to me. How about you?
Here’s my project:
This is a bookmark card, so the recipient can continue to be reminded of you when they use the enclosed bookmark in the future. I got the design from Lisa Curcio, and there are many bookmark card layouts on the Internet or Pinterest as well. Here are the measurements:
- Crumb Cake (base): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 ¼”
- Designer Series Paper: 4” x 5 1/4”
- Crumb Cake: 4 1/2″ x 5 1/4″, score at 2 1/4″
- Designer Series Paper: (I used the same paper as above( 2” x 5”, mark at 2 1/4″
- Basic White: 1 3/4″ by 5 1/4″
- Coordinating DSP: 1 3/4″ by 5 1/4″
Procedure: Attach the DSP to the front of the card base, and then create the pocket, which is then attached to the front of the card as well. Fold the pocket piece at the score line, and then use Tear n Tape to adhere the bottom and side of the pocket. Attach the DSP, and then adhere to the front of the card base.
The bookmark is two-layered to add some stiffness to it. I adhered the layers together, and then used the retired Tap Topper Punch at the top. You can trim the length as desired. I used some Gold Shimmer ribbon, put it through the hole, and then tied some miscellaneous Baker’s Twine around the ribbon, trimmed all, and then shredded the ribbon.
I created a wreath by cutting and stacking both wreath dies in Mossy Meadow, and then stamping some leaf stamps and cutting them out using the dies. I used glue dots to attach the leaves and added some shiny gold Festive Pearls. I took more Shimmer Ribbon, shredded it, and created a fun little bow, attaching with a glue dot.
The Rustic Harvest Designer Series Papers are a MUST for your fall papercrafting . I love the black accents along with the rich fall colors!
The sentiment was stamped in Mossy Meadow and then cut with the Deckled Rectangles, along with a background rectangle in Mango Melody. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach all!
Please let me know if you have any questions. And be sure to join my “Up North Stampin’ Gang” Facebook page. We are having SO much fun over there! We post, we share, and just enjoy life! Here’s the link to request to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/199783410436824
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 9th when the theme will be Home for the Holidays. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb …
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies