Welcome to the Pals’ February blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here because it’s “Time to Sale-A-Brate!” Our Design Team created projects using Sale-A-Bration items to inspire you. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My project features more than one product from the Sale-A-Bration brochure, which makes it all the more fun! I used the Sale-A-Bration stamp set called “Hello Cupcake” to create a soft and feminine birthday card with a little shine.
I started with a card base of Whisper White Thick card stock. I added another Sale-A-Bration product to the project: a 5 1/4″ by 4″ panel of the beautiful Grapefruit Grove Foil Sheets, FREE with a purchase of $50 in Stampin’ Up! product. The depth of colors in these foils is spectacular in person! Look how the foil even changes colors! I cut another panel of Thick Whisper White at 5 1/8″ by 3 7/8″, and stamped the sentiment from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set in Soft Suede toward the bottom of the panel and adhered it to the foil layer.
After building the base, I used a scratch piece of Soft Suede card stock, and stamped the base of the cupcake with Versamark. On a scratch piece of Petal Pink card stock, I stamped the ‘frosting’ of the cupcake with Versamark and then used White Embossing Powder to heat emboss both parts of the cupcake. I fussy cut those separate cupcake pieces.
For the background circle, I used my Big Shot to cut two circles of the largest circle die from the Stitched Shape Framelits, one in Whisper White card stock, and one in the Petal Pink floral vellum paper from the Floral Romance Designer Series Papers. I backed the Vellum with the white circle and adhered them together.
Before mounting the circle to the card base, I took a length of Petal Pink/Whisper White Variegated Ribbon, folded it in half, and tied a knot in the loose ends. I adhered it to the back of the circles. I then cut the largest square from the Grapefruit Grove Foil paper using the Stitched Shape Framelits Dies. I set the square askew on the card base, and then mounted the circles. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the cupcake, and then finished it off with a single frosted embellishment. One more flower embellishment by the sentiment, and I was done!
I hope you enjoyed my birthday card created with some very fun Sale-A-Bration products. The best part: they’re FREE just by purchasing other Stampin’ Up! products we all love so much! The list of products I used can be found below our list of blog hoppers.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 13, 2019, when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Spring Has Sprung” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
February Pals Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jill Killeen at The Killeen House Studio Blog
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Christine Eck at Dances with Hooves